- Facebook just forced its most powerful critics offline
- Halloween documents - The Halloween documents comprise a series of confidential Microsoft memoranda on potential strategies relating to free software, open-source software, and to Linux in particular.
- DigitalOcean’s hacktoberfest is hurting open source
- Klädernas miljö- och klimatpåverkan - Intressant information från Naturskyddsföreningen om kläders miljö och klimatpåverkan. Det är en artikel som kommer få dig att tänka till om ditt handlande och användande av kläder.
- How to choose a green web host
- Seed for “most iconic image in Minecraft history” found after eight month search
- European Commission: Open source software strategy 2020-2023 - The European Commission will further encourage and leverage the transformative, innovative and collaborative potential of open source.
- What’s the deal with snap packages?
- A Beginner’s Guide to Switches
- A Beginner’s Guide to Force Curves
- The Problem with Mechanical Switch Reviews
- How to Read a Force Curve
- Text-only* websites - This is a directory of websites that primarily stick with simple, marked up, hyperlinked text.
- 2.5 Admins [Website] [Feed]
- BSD Now [Website] [Feed]
- Humans of Open Source [Feed]
- IT-säkerhetspodden [Website] [Feed]
- Late Night Linux Extra [Website] [Feed]
- Linux User Space [Website] [Feed]
- P3 Dokumentär [Website] [Feed]
- P3 ID [Website] [Feed]
- P3 Nyheter Dokumentär [Website] [Feed]
- Software Freedom Podcast [Website] [Feed]
- Sommar & Vinter i P1 [Website] [Feed]
- Så kan det gå [Website] [Feed]
- Tabs, Not Spaces [Website] [Feed]
- The New Show [Website] [Feed]
- Trevlig Mjukvara [Website] [Feed]
- Ubuntu Podcast [Website] [Feed]
- We don’t stream [Website] [Feed]
- The Social Dilemma - The film explores the rise of social media and the damage it has caused to society, focusing on its exploitation of its users for financial gain through surveillance capitalism and data mining, how its design is meant to nurture an addiction, its use in politics, its effect on mental health (including the mental health of adolescents and rising teen suicide rates), and its role in spreading conspiracy theories such as Pizzagate and aiding groups such as flat-earthers.
- Your problem with Vim is that you don’t grok vi
- Everyone Who Tried to Convince Me to use Vim was Wrong
- Why, oh WHY, do those #?@! nutheads use vi?
- How I boosted my Vim
- Graphical vi-vim Cheat Sheet and Tutorial
- An Extremely Quick and Simple Introduction to the Vi Text Editor
- VIM Quick reference card
- Flatpak - a security nightmare
- A Future Without Privacy
- Jamendo - Free streaming and free downloads of music for personal use. It used to be Creative Commons only.
- Learn vim For the Last Time: A Tutorial and Primer
- Coming Home to Vim
- When coffee makers are demanding a ransom, you know IoT is screwed
- Criticism of Google - Includes concern for tax avoidance, misuse and manipulation of search results, its use of others intellectual property, concerns that its compilation of data may violate peoples privacy, censorship of search results and a lot more.
- Killed by Mozilla - A list of discontinued Mozilla products and services.
- Keyboard University - The first and last resource you’ll ever need for mechanical keyboards.
- Uncomfortable Questions About App Signing - A good article about the dangers with Google and their walled garden around Android.
- Introducing Precursor - Precursor is a mobile, open source electronics platform.
Video content makers:
Video content makers:
- Cockpit - The easy-to-use, integrated, glanceable, and open web-based interface for your servers.
- Three Reasons Why the “Nothing to Hide” Argument is Flawed
- Inrego - They refurbish and sell used IT products. They’re Swedish but available in several countries.
- Building a new Win 3.1 app in 2019 Part 1: Slack client
- Can We Build Trustable Hardware?
- Obese websites and planet-sized metronomes - An article about the website obesity crisis.
- F-Droid - F-Droid is a libre alternative to the Google Playstore. The client makes it easy to browse, install, and keep track of updates on your device.